Do you feel disconnected from your religion?
Even if you belong to religious background, sometimes it is easy to get disconnected from your faith and feel clueless about your religion. However, in the trials of life, you might feel the need to reconnect with God.
If you feel the light of God calling upon you, let that light shine upon your soul and try to mend that severed connection with him. One of the best ways to connect with Christ is to read the Bible since the scriptures are a way for God to communicate with you.
However, if you have been disconnected from religion all your life, then there is a possibility that you might not be aware of what are Bible verses? So, read on to find out about what Bible verses are. You will also find a few bonus bible verses below that can help begin your spiritual journey.
What Are Bible Verses?
To understand what are Bible verses, you will have first to understand what the Bible is. So, the Bible is not one book but a set of books containing a compilation of religious scriptures or verses in which Jesus communicates words of wisdom to his followers.
One of the most amazing facts about the Bible consists of scriptures of numerous genres such as poetry, wisdom, narrative, prophecy, epistles, gospels, and apocalypse. Here are examples of the seven significant genres of scriptures.
- Poetry:“To the choirmaster: according to Lilies. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah; a love song. My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe” -(Psalm 45:1).
- Wisdom:“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of every human being” – (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
- Narrative:(The Birth of Jesus) 21A week later, when the time came for the baby to be circumcised, he was named Jesus, the name which the angel had given him before he had been conceived- (Mt 1.18–25).
- Prophecy:18 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. 20 The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen- (Isaiah 43:18-20).
- Epistles:“If you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his steps” (1 Peter 2:20-21).
- Gospels:“You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake, he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich”- (2 Corinthians 8:9).
- Apocalypse:“13 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head, a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne, and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”- (The Beast out of the Sea).
Bible Verses About Reconnecting with God
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:6-7
- “Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered for ever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Their hearts are secure; they will have no fear; in the end, they will look in triumph on their foes.” -Psalm 112:6-8
- “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 8:38-39
- “David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands.” – 2 Samuel 24:14 (NIV)
What Are Other Ways to Reconnect With God?
Apart from reading bible verses, there are many other ways to reconnect with God. Here are a few examples of small life changes you can make to strengthen your connection with Christ.
- Start a gratitude journal in which you thank God for all the things that you are grateful for
- Talk to God every morning; tell him about your feelings, your worries, joy, sorrows, and anything that you might be feeling
- Listen to worship music
- Praise God’s creation, e.g., if the weather is pleasant, thank the Lord for it and praise him for creating something so breathtaking
- Listen to podcasts about God’s word
Our Final Thoughts
We hope that the following information helped you understand what are bible verses. Follow the different ways you can reconnect with God and read the bible verses mentioned above to find your way back to him.
You can also share this information with the people around you, as spreading God’s wisdom is another way of improving your relationship with the creator.