There are times when you are truly alone, even if surrounded by your loved ones. This is the moment you need to connect with God because when there is no light in your life, He is the only one who can help you brighten your world. Here are some Bible verses about loneliness that can give you comfort in desperate times.
The Twenty-Seven Best Bible Verses About Loneliness
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- “He Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- “For the sake of his great name, the LORD will not reject his people because the LORD was pleased to make you his own.”
1 Samuel 12:22.
- “Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.”
- “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families; he leads out the prisoners with singing: but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- “Those who are without friends, God puts in families; he makes free those who are in chains; but those who are turned away from him are given a dry land.”
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- “And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- “Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7.
- “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
- “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
1 Corinthians 10:13.
- “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”
2 Corinthians 4:17
- “Behold, the time is coming, yes, and has now come, that you will be scattered, everyone to his own place, and you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone because the father is with me. I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you have oppression but cheer up! I have overcome the world.”
- “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn’t know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my father, I have made known to you.”
- “For I am certain that not death, or life, or angels, or rulers, or things present, or things to come, or powers, or things on high, or things under the earth, or anything which is made, will be able to come between us and the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- “Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have, for He has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.” So that we say with a good heart, “The Lord is my helper; I will have no fear: what is man able to do to me?”
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
- “This is my command–be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.”
- “Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
- “Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7.
- “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.”
- “At my first defense, no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them! But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me so that through me, the message might be fully proclaimed, and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
2 Timothy 4:16-18.
Our Final Thoughts
These Bible verses about loneliness are the cure for depression and anxiety. It also gives you the strength to face the world alone and reminds you that God and Jesus Christ are with you even if you are lost in this world.