Hope is that ray of light that brings positivity into a person’s life. One of the fundamentals of the belief system is that we need to keep hoping for the best and pray to God to reward us with the best things for us.
There are always moments in life when a person becomes hopeless, and everything becomes pointless such as not getting into a good college, rejection from a job, or losing someone. Howsoever you may find yourself in peril, the hope in God and Jesus Christ can save you.
Reading God’s word in hard times can be comforting, so here are some compiled Bible verses about hope for you to read and learn the teachings in the scriptures.
The Thirty Best Bible Verses about Hope
- “For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.”
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.
- “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope.”
- “Now hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit [which] was given to us.”
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD.”
- “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
- “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
(1 Corinthians 2:9)
- “To them, God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
- “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
- “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.”
- The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me because the Lord has anointed me, to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners.”
- “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!”
- “If you can?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
- “But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.”
- Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.”
- “May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.”
- “O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.”
- Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
- And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
- “In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.”
- “And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.”
(1 John 3:3)
- “Through [Jesus] you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.”
(I Peter 1:21)
- “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called.”
- In Him and through faith in Him we may enter God’s presence with boldness and confidence.” ( (Ephesians 3:12)
- “That is why we labor and strive because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.”
(1 Timothy 4:10)
- “The Lord, your God, is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love, he will no longer rebuke you but will rejoice over you with singing.”
- “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Our Final Thoughts
When there is no one to call upon in desperate times, do not lose hope because your Lord is with you. These bible verses about hope can boost your confidence and give you the strength to pursue your dreams. Share them with your close ones struggling to find motivation and do not have hope in life.